When should my child start myopia management?
What can cause myopia to increase?
Though exact causes are still unknown, data collected suggests evidence that the following points, among others can lead to myopia (nearsidedness).
- Heredity. Parents with high prescriptions often have children with high prescriptions.
- Children who study a lot, do a lot of near work or view things closely to their face.
- Excessive use of electronic devices at close proximity, such as tvs, phones, tablets, and others.
- Lack of outdoor playtime.
- Unhealthy or weak diet.
How can I prevent my child’s vision from getting worse?
Majority of prevention of myopia involves lifestyle changes, such as:
- Reduce electronic device use time
- Take frequent breaks while studying or any other close proximity activities
- Increase outdoor playtime
- Promote a healthier diet